Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekly Weigh In: Week 26......at least I think it is....

So I started this journey about 6 months ago where my goal was to lose 24 pounds in 24 weeks. Well, I didn't reach my goal, but I do think I was very successful.

I'm at about 135lbs (I do fluctuate a few pounds, but 135 seems to be the average) which is a total loss of roughly 17lbs. Even though I still have 5-10 lbs to lose until I will be satisfied with my weight, I am VERY satisfied with my fitness level. Regardless of what I weigh now and what I have weighed over these past 8+ years of having kids, I KNOW I am in the best shape I have been in since being an actual athlete. I haven't worked out in 3 weeks and still managed to get on the treadmill today and knock out 7+ miles AND felt great at the end. I was also able to run up this sand dune 4 times and 2 of those times carrying Rylan and I wasn't sore the next day. And finally, you can see my six pack abs again. I still may have some love handles, jiggly butt, and some extra on the thighs that I want gone, but I have no complaints about my stomach! I had six pack abs all growing up and now after 4 kids to see them again I KNOW I'm doing something right :)

So I may not be the weight I want, but I can run and jump and play which means I can run and jump and play with my kids! And I'm teaching them the importance of being able to run and jump and play at any age which is a much better outcome from this journey than I could have expected!






1 comment: