Wednesday, October 17, 2012

3rd Trimester

Sunday marked 27 weeks and officially entering the 3rd Trimester - YAY! Reflecting back on all that has happened this past year it has been a lot. Not to say I have gone through more than others, but the emotional toll of back to back miscarriages and nearly a year of being pregnant its hard to believe sometimes that I made it to this point. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel which seemed impossible back in January. 3 months or less and I'll have my last baby in my arms. And I do mean last, this pregnancy has been a gift, but it has definitely taken a lot out of me and I think 4 is a perfect place to stop :)

I had my 27 week appointment this morning. I also had my gestational diabetes test - you never get used to that drink. Everything was good - normal blood pressure, normal weight gain (3 lbs), and Miles sounded great (150 bpm). I let the doctor know that I still was having a lot of trouble sleeping so he prescribed some more ambien to take 1-2 times per week and recommended trying different sleeping positions, but I'm pretty sure I've tried them all.

Overall things have been good as far as pregnancies go. That being said, I'm completely miserable. My back and hips hurt all the time, I don't sleep, and my hormones have been going nuts which all adds up to lots of emotional break downs. Chris has also been traveling a lot so taking care of the kids has been a bit more taxing as well. I have had some help, my Aunt, Brother, and Mother in Law all came for visits and I got a chance to go back to Michigan for a quick visit and break from everything. I can't imagine how wrecked I would be if I hadn't had any help to this point, my hat is off to all the single moms/dads out there!

I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks, and every 2 weeks after that for a bit. I also registered for a hospital tour on December 3rd since this will be yet another hospital us - 4 kids and 3 different hospitals, I feel like I should be considered an expert on the Labor & Delivery of hospitals by now :) I'm still thinking this will be another early delivery for me, but only time will tell how early and it might only be wishful thinking. Don't forget, you can make a guess if I'll be early, late, or right on time up on the right hand side of the blog :)

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for.....My lovely belly pics :)

27w, 3d




No comments:

Post a Comment