Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Bath/Shower

Well you might think with Jake, Brenden, and me gone for 10 days it was all laying around and play for Chris. If you thought Chris had a week and a half of nothing to do, you would be wrong. The last few days of our trip, Chris was home with his brother-in-law Todd doing some much needed work on our master bathroom.

When we were looking for a new house three years ago I desperately wanted one with a bathroom that had a big soaking tub. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE MY BATHS! I take at least one bath a week and during pregnancy its usually closer to 3-4 per week. Well, in our house search we found a great house that had almost everything we wanted, but sadly not a good master bathroom. So for the past 3 years I have been taking baths in our small, non-impressive, bath/shower stall. I have managed to get by and we tried doing a full remodel of the bathroom, but $25-30,000 was a bit out of our price range. So over the past few months Chris has been gathering the pieces, fixtures, whirlpool tub, tile, etc., to be able to remodel the bath/shower portion of the bathroom. With both me and the boys gone for so long it looked like the perfect opportunity to get the job done.

Chris and Todd worked on the Bathroom for 2-3 days and it came out beautifully! I couldn't be happier with the results. The tile work looks great, the tub works wonderfully, the fixtures are beautiful, and most importantly, I can finally lay back and relax with plenty of room for my whole body to enjoy a long soak in the tub! The only down side to all of this is that now the improvements needed for the rest of the bathroom are bit more glaring, but I've already ordered new cabinet hardware and plan to get some paint swatches to help with that!

Here are pictures of before and after:

Before:
After:

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We will do a master bath remodel someday... so this is certainly inspiration!

    ReplyDelete