Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jumping and Diving

I took both of the boys to the pool this afternoon since it was about 90 degrees with about the same humidity. It felt great to get in the pool! After a busy afternoon with the boys, it was a great way to end the day and I got not one, but two surprises from my boys.

First, Brenden asked me if I would go to the shallow end and catch him. Brenden has been reluctant to leave the the area of the pool where he is able to touch and where he wanted to go was definitely over his head. I of course quickly said yes and was so pleased to see some of his comfort in the water coming back. After jumping to me at least 10 times, we then went down to the deep end for him to jump to me! I was only able to catch him once. I think he would have tried a few more times, but its kind of hard for me to tread water and catch a 3 year old while 8 1/2 months pregnant. He definitely had fun jumping to me and it was so good to see him smiling and being playful in the water again.

Next, Jake came over to me while I was taking a break and asked if I would catch him off the diving board! All summer he has been telling me he would, but always saying he would do it next time. Apparently today was next time. The first time he jumped I was out in the middle of the diving well to make him feel more comfortable. He jumped right in and didn't need any help from me. He proceeded to jump at least 10 more times with me on the side watching. He was so excited and had so much fun that even asked Chris after we got home if we could go back so he could show him.

I was able to get a few of the jumps on video, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment