Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas!


Christmas time is here! I have always loved Christmas, and since becoming a mom I have especially enjoyed decorating the house. I discovered in my first Christmas with Jake that being the mom at Christmas is a lot of work, and often times very tiring. And the little joys like seeing your child's face when they open their presents comes and goes so quickly. It's all very draining, but I have found that getting the house decorated early allows me to enjoy it all a lot more and makes it last longer.

We don't go too crazy around here. Chris usually puts a few lights up outside, we do a Christmas tree, we have a nutcracker advent calendar, and I hang stockings on the mantle over the fireplace. We have a few other knickknacks around the house, and of course, the Elf on the Shelf. We also started a tradition last year that's from my childhood where the kids look for evidence the elves were in the house the night before and left a gift, usually a new decoration like Christmas themed window stickers or a new ornament on the tree.

Last night we finished our decorating. The house looks fabulous and the boys are already fighting over who's turn it is to put out the Nutcracker on the advent calendar. It's looking to be another good Christmas at the Eby house, that is if Jake doesn't open all of his presents before Christmas like he did last year :-)

Stockings on the mantle over the fireplace

Our Elf hanging out on the Mantle

Reindeer my grandfather (Pops) made

The Nutcracker Advent Calender

The Tree!




1 comment: