Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas with Mana

My mom came into town from December 8th to the 18th. While she was home we celebrated Christmas with her and my Aunt Steph, Uncle Don, and Bamma (My mom's mom). My mom and brother first did Christmas at my Aunt's house and had dinner and when they were all done, everyone came over to our house for dessert and presents. For dessert I made my mom's homemade Chocolate mousse pie, it was just as good as I remember it from my younger days! Jake was a little disappointed, he was expecting a cake not a pie, but quickly got over it when he saw all of the presents to open.

Pictures of my Mom and Bamma before they came over:
.

As usual, everyone went overboard on gifts. They were all very thoughtful and did much more than we needed. The boys got new Batman Pj's, some clothes, a cardboard Rocket Ship playhouse, legos, and much much more. But the big hit were the Leap Frog Leapster Explorer. They are a hand-held game system for kids where the games are to help with different types of learning, i.e. math, spelling, language, etc. The boys have been playing with them non-stop, they even went through one set of batteries in less than a week! I'm hoping they'll be good for long car rides and plane trips.

The boys in their new Pj's
Brenden investigating the present before opening
Brenden playing with his new Woody - Wow that sounds bad...lol

The night of this celebration was the same night as our first big snowfall here in Michigan so it took a while for everyone to arrive. By the time everyone made it here it was nearly bedtime for Rylan. She was able to visit with everyone for a bit and she got to show off her big smile while we changed into Pj's, but she didn't get to "open" any presents. Once I got her down to bed, Chris and I opened her presents for her. The next morning she learned that she had received lots of cute new outfits and a new play mat that made animal sounds, as you can imagine, she was thrilled:-)

Rylan with Me, Bamma, and my Mom

Rylan getting ready for bed - her favorite time as you can see by the big smiles

We had a great time. It was so nice to have everyone over. Even though it wasn't actually Christmas day, the Christmas spirit was everywhere!




No comments:

Post a Comment