Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekend in Cleveland

Friday afternoon we made our first trip to Cleveland as a family of five. Unfortunately we had to do it in two trips, Rylan and me in my car and Chris and the boys in his car, because Chris had to stay until Monday evening and Jake and Brenden had to be back for school and I needed to back to coach on Monday.

The weekend overall was very low key, just a lot of relaxing and spending time with Chris' family. We got visits from Jim, Aunt Susie, (Aunt) Meredith, (Uncle) Todd, and Dylan. We arrived Friday evening and the kids and I left on Sunday night at bedtime. The kids got to go on an adventure Saturday morning to Chagrin falls with Grandma and Grandman. Chris got to spend some time with Jim and see lots of people at the Browns game on Sunday. And I spent most of my time laying around with Rylan, which was very nice. All in all, a very good weekend.

We had a very nice time with everyone, but I would have to say our visits with Meredith and Dylan were the highlight. Dylan was born last year in late October and I have been a very bad Aunt and just got to meet him for the first time on this trip. It was so nice to finally meet the little guy! The boys had met Dylan a couple of times on visits to Cleveland with Chris and were eager to see him again. On both Saturday and Sunday Jake was so eager for a visit from "Aunt Mer and Baby Dylan" that he kept asking me over and over when they were coming and what was taking so long, he's not very patient - probably gets it from me:-) Once they arrived it was a lot of fun to watch all of the boys play together. Jake and Brenden had a lot of fun crawling around on the floor with Dylan and Dylan had a lot of fun trying to get the boys. They were all very good to each other, I wish the boys were as nice to each other as they were with Dylan. I think the three of them will have lots of fun together as they get older. We also introduced Rylan to Dylan, but not too much playing since she's only a month and Dylan doesn't quite understand being gentle just yet. Overall, a very good time for all of us!

Here are some pictures of the boys playing and of Rylan at 1 month old:



Rylan in her Michigan gear getting ready for game time



No comments:

Post a Comment