Thursday, September 16, 2010

Busy, busy, busy....

I'm finding out very quickly that there is very little free time with three kids! We've been very busy since the arrival of Rylan a month ago, but enjoying (almost) every minute :-)

Where to begin? Well, we've had lots of visitors. My mom flew in from Arizona the day after Rylan was born and stayed for 3 1/2 weeks. She rented a cottage on Portage lake where Brenden had lots of fun getting away from the craziness and he got a chance to be the center of attention for a change.
A few days after Rylan was born Chris' mom and dad came for a visit. They were only able to stay for one night, but the boys had lots of fun playing with Grandman and Grandma got to enjoy some quiet time with her granddaughter. Didn't get any pictures, but we're heading to Cleveland for the weekend tomorrow and I'm sure we'll get some pictures while we're there.

Our next visitors were Pam and Sarah. For those of you that don't know, Pam is my birth mother and Sarah is her daughter and my half-sister. Pam's dad passed away earlier this summer and the family had a service planned back in Michigan for late August. Fortunately for us, Pam and Sarah were able to plan their trip back with a little extra time to come see us, and lucky for them Rylan came early so they could meet her. It was really nice to see them, it had been since Jake was born that we had seen them. Their flight coming in was delayed so we only ended up being able to spend a day catching up and visiting, but it was a full day and it was nice for the boys to be able to meet them. Once again though my camera seems to have been MIA from the visit.

Of course we've also had all of my family that lives here over as well, my brother, dad, aunt and uncle, and grandma (Bama). When Bama came to visit we were able to capture a 4 generations picture:

Its been great to see everyone and have some extra help over this first month. As I said earlier we're headed to Cleveland for the weekend to introduce Rylan to a few more people. She also got to meet a lot of my friends this past weekend at a baby shower for my friend Molly. My mom will be coming back to Michigan in a few weeks, lord knows she can't stay away too long! And I'm sure there will be lots more people to meet Rylan in the coming days, weeks, and months!


No comments:

Post a Comment