Friday, December 23, 2011

1st Visit with Santa


When we arrived on Saturday in Arizona my Mom and Brother took the kids with them down to Tucson for two days so Chris and I could have some quiet time away from them. One of the adventures my mom had planned was to take the kids to see Santa. Jake is nearly 7 years old, Brenden nearly 5, and Rylan 16 months and this would be the 1st visit for ALL of the Eby children to see Santa at the mall - GASP! I know everyone takes their kids to see Santa every year and I've seen tons of the cute baby photos where the kid is screaming in terror on Santa's lap. As cute as all of this is I have never had the desire to partake in this holiday tradition. And quite frankly the kids have never asked. In there defense, they may not have known until now this was possible. Its just that I hate the mall at Christmas and avoid it all costs. I have found that I prefer to do most of my Christmas shopping online. Now I'm not a completely awful mother, the boys have had Santa come to their preschool to give them books so its not like they were in some state of shock to see a Santa at the mall. I was told the adventure went well, they got to do some clothes shopping to keep them distracted while Uncle Chris waited in the long line. Now to see if this will become a new tradition or if they'll simply forget about it next year, fingers crossed its the latter ;)

We are having a wonderful time out here in Arizona and hope that everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment